Our story

Our first journey with Bonanova started at the ancient region in Italy.

Located along the ancient path which from Tiberis valley leads to Rome. The complex, dating back to the 1st century B.C., overlooks hundreds of hectares in Mercatello valley, dominating unblemished landscapes, historical hamlets as well as rural settings. The castle underwent a series of renovations over the centuries, nevertheless the major part of its original structure and architecture remained unaltered, with the addition of a marble chapel
and a swimming pool dating from the 1930’s.

Passionately fond of agriculture, in 1892 the BONANOVA inspiration started with the castle, the centuries-old olive trees and the old oil mill, where they have been living since then.

In 1960 the farming company lead by the family patriarch, underwent a great project of modernization. In 1998 his son, the owner of the wines, decided to resume the wine-making family tradition creating a new Cellar capable of competing in the wine market.

Nowadays, with the help of eminent penologists, our dream has become reality with Bonanova in the international limelight thanks to its excellent wines made from Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Shiraz and Sagrantino grapes.